Okay, let’s be honest here – burning fat while you sleep sounds a little bit weird. But, just because it sounds weird this doesn’t mean that it’s impossible. On the contrary, many things can help you with that and we will highlight some of the best among them in this guide.
It’s amazing how many people are unaware of the fact that the human body is designed in a way that helps people burn fat while they are resting. This means that our body is focused on this activity 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Of course, in most cases, the effectiveness of this passive burning of fat and calories depends mostly on the things that you do (or don’t do) before bedtime. In other words, if you are planning on getting results simply by having a good night’s sleep alone, you will not do great. Read this guide to:
- Find the best ways to burn fat while you sleep
- Learn what makes these methods effective
- Discover how to maximize the effects of your sleeping routine
So, in case you want to use your sleeping time to burn fat naturally, keep reading, and use the tips shared here.
1. Create a sleeping routine
This is one of the most important things that you should do if you are counting on your sleep to burn fat. Numerous studies have shown that people who go to bed and wake up at the same time on a daily basis can become healthier (and slimmer). There’s a rhythm that our bodies follow and if that rhythm is uninterrupted, you will optimize the work of your systems including the metabolic rate. Also, you will have to sleep between six and nine hours depending on your age and activity level.
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time daily
- This will help you optimize the functions of your body
- Make sure that you are getting enough sleep
2. Eat healthily, but be careful when you eat
Another good thing about going to bed at the same time is that you can schedule your meals. Generally speaking, you should stop eating three hours before bedtime. If you are consuming food before you go to bed, it would be much more difficult for the body to process food and burn fat. Before this period, focus on healthy meals and snacks.
- Don’t eat three hours before bedtime
- Eat healthy meals and snacks before that
- A full stomach before going to bed will prevent proper processing of fat
3. Try some weight loss supplements
Weight loss supplements can help you in a few different ways. They can speed up the metabolism of fat or suppress appetite for example. This means that these products can help you burn fat even at night, while you sleep. But, to maximize the effects of these products, you must stick to the ones that have a good record. You’ll have to do some research to find the best weight loss supplements and follow their instructions for the best results.
- Weight loss supplements can help you start a new fat burning routine
- They work in a few different ways
- Look for popular ones with good reviews and reputation
4. Exercising is a must, but timing is also important
To be honest, you can’t expect to burn fat, at least not much, if you are not exercising. However, it’s a bad idea to get involved in strenuous physical activity like that before you go to bed. Surely, your body will still burn calories and fat, but you won’t be able to fall asleep. While we are talking about exercising, it’s worth mentioning that strength training is more efficient for burning fat than cardiovascular at least if you are looking for a long-term fat burning solution.
- Don’t exercise five to six hours before going to bed
- A practice like this will make it more difficult to fall asleep
- Strength training is an excellent option for burning fat
5. If you feel hungry at night, eat cereal
Let’s be clear, humans can’t be robots. They can’t follow a strict plan for years without breaking it (and they shouldn’t). Our days are different and there are times when some of us might feel hungry at night. In cases like this, you can try a small healthy snack like cereal with low-fat milk. Make sure that the cereals don’t have much sugar. Of course, this should be a small meal/snack. Overeating can ruin your sleep and weight loss plan.
- It’s okay to snack from time to time before bedtime
- Choose a healthy snack like cereal with low-fat milk in situations like that
- Don’t overeat
6. Adjust the bedroom temperature
Many people like to sleep in a very warm bedroom. However. If you want to burn fat while you sleep, it’s definitely better to set a lower temperature. Anything around 20 C (68 F) should do the trick. This makes sense because the body has to use more energy (fat and calories) to stay warm. Use a thermostat, air-conditioner, or open the windows of your bedroom to get this temperature.
- It’s better to keep the bedroom temperature lower
- Anything around 20 C is good for burning fat
- Use the air-conditioner or thermostat to set the right temperature
7. Avoid alcohol before bedtime
Some people are convinced that drinking alcohol improves their sleep. This claim is almost completely wrong. Alcohol might make you feel sleepy, but the quality of sleep after a few alcoholic beverages is low. On top of that, if you want to burn fat, this situation is even worse. The body will have to make extra effort to burn those unwanted calories. Ideally, you should avoid alcohol three hours before bedtime.
- Stay away from alcohol three hours before bedtime
- Alcohol lowers the quality of sleep
- It also makes it harder for the body to get rid of unwanted and unneeded fat
8. Stay hydrated
This is a piece of evergreen advice that you should follow no matter whether you want to burn fat while you sleep or when you are awake. Water increases the metabolic rate, allowing the body to metabolize fat faster. According to some experts, eight cups of water a day should do the trick. Remember that you should avoid drinking H2O before bedtime at least in large quantities because you will have to wake up to go to the bathroom during the night.
- Your body has to stay hydrated to function properly
- Eight glasses of water a day will speed up your metabolic rate
- Don’t drink too much water right before bedtime because you might affect the quality of sleep