It turns out that there are many cases where a fat belly is not related to your overall weight. In other words, you are skinny, but your belly makes you look fat. How is that possible? Well, there is more than one answer to this interesting question.
Before we go into detail and explain these reasons, let us say that people should not accept the fact they have a fat belly. They must do something about this, not only because it makes them look less attractive, but also because it can cause a wide range of health issues including diabetes and heart disease. By applying the right strategy that includes all the things that might be causing a fat belly, you can become healthier and more attractive. In this guide, we will focus on a few common reasons that make even skinny men and women have a fat belly.
- Learn more about the things that “feed” your fat belly
- Discover the things that you can do to get rid of this problem
- Find out how to become healthier
Being skinny doesn’t mean much when your belly is big. Here’s the list of a few reasons that contribute to this problem and advice about how to resolve this issue.
1. You’re involved in strenuous workouts
That’s right, you can get a fat belly by exercising too. This has to be one of the weirdest things you’ve read recently, but it’s true. When people are over-exercising their bodies react by accumulating more fat in the belly. One of the main reasons for that is the fact that too much exercise can lead to hormonal imbalance especially when it comes to the levels of cortisol. Stay away from too strenuous weight or cardiovascular exercises and try high intensity interval training.
- Too much exercise can make your body begin storing more fat in the belly
- This practice leads to hormonal imbalance
- Try HIIT instead of strenuous weight or cardio exercises
2. You don’t have enough muscle mass
If you are skinny, but you have a fat belly, chances are that you don’t have toned muscles. Those of you who want to look attractive should not be focused only on weight, but also on their muscles. By creating muscle mass and toning muscles, you will be able to burn calories and fat even when you are inactive. So, it’s time to visit the gym or start a workout routine at home. You don’t have to practice exercises that are designed only for your stomach, try to activate all major muscle groups.
- Start building muscle mass
- Change your diet and start exercising
- Try to activate all major muscle groups for the best results
3. Stress plays a major role in many cases
Scientists have confirmed that stress can contribute to the accumulation of fat even in skinny people. In other words, if you want to get rid of your fat belly, you will have to find a way to relax and unwind. Cortisol is hormone stress that makes the situation more difficult. Stress, on the other hand, is caused by many different things including romantic issues, spending too much time at work, etc. Practice yoga, pilates, take a break – do whatever you can to de-stress.
- Stress makes the body accumulate fat
- It affects the level of cortisol
- Try to de-stress in a natural and healthy way
4. Lack of sleep
You can’t be a healthy person if you don’t have a good night’s sleep. Lack of sleep and sleep deprivation has been associated with fat belly too. Once again, it’s cortisol that has an impact on this situation. Try to figure out what makes you sleep less and resolve this issue. Go to bed at the same time and wake up at the same time. Sleep four around eight hours a day.
- People suffering from sleep deprivation have weight issues
- Try to improve the quality of sleep
- By sleeping around eight hours a day, every day, you should be able to reduce your fat belly
5. Maybe you are bloated
Sometimes you don’t have a fat belly, you have a belly that looks like that. We are talking about cases where people’s stomachs are bloated. In case you are experiencing gas, cramps, and digestive problems, then it’s very likely that you have a problem like this. By making dietary changes after identifying the foods that make you feel and look bloated, you will get a flat stomach. For instance, some people are lactose intolerant.
- If you release gas, experience digestive problems and have cramps, and your belly is bloated, you should change your diet
- There are foods, like dairy products in some cases, that make people bloated
- Eat food that’s good for your stomach
6. You recently gave birth
It takes time for women to get back their old figure after giving birth. So, if you are skinny and have a fat belly at the same time, you should wait for a few months for things to get back to normal. Light exercises and finding a way to regulate hormones should help you with this task. In any case, you should not make an extra effort to solve this problem because it’s not really a big problem.
- It’s natural for women to have a fat belly after giving birth
- It takes time for hormones to stabilize and help you get back your old figure
- Light exercises might be helpful, but consult a doctor before doing something like that
7. You are eating too much sugar
Sugar is bad for us in many different ways. But, remember that we are talking about taking large amounts of sugar every day. Eating a chocolate bar from time to time is just fine. If your diet is based on simple sugar, you will support the formation of fat in your belly. Eat more vegetables, lean meat, and food with polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat.
- Cut sugar intake
- Sugar supports the accumulation of fat in your belly
- Eat more veggies, lean meat, fruit, and nuts